Return to main Carl Oppedahl page.
Mr. Oppedahl is admitted to many courts. He
has litigated patent, software copyright, and trademark cases including:
- Radio Computing Services v. Roland Computing Services,
2003 US Dist LEXIS 3645, 2003 WL 1107443
(S.D.N.Y. 2003), a reverse domain name hijacking case.
- Strick Corp. v. James
Strickland, 162 F.Supp.2d 372, 60 USPQ2d 1889 (E.D.Pa. 2001), a reverse
domain name hijacking case.
- MacLean v. Mercer, 21 USPQ2d 1345
(3rd Cir. 1991), which dealt with issues of software copyright infringement and
work-for-hire ownership of software
- Interactive Gift Express Inc. v. Compuserve Inc.,
256 F3d 1323, 59 USPQ2d 1401 (CA FC 2001),
56 USPQ2d 1647 (CA FC 2000);
47 USPQ2d 1797 (S.D.N.Y. 1998), involving a patent
asserted against many companies on the Internet
- Roadrunner Computer v. Network Solutions which was the first
case in which a domain name owner sued to fight a challenge to its domain
- Oppedahl & Larson v. Advanced Concepts
which was one of the first meta-tag cases
- UniPress Software v. Unipress Corp., a domain name dispute
- Seaside Community Development Corp. v. Clayton, a domain name
dispute personal jurisdiction case